Trustee Election Information
Board of Trustees Election
|The Board of Trustees consists of seven Board Members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping terms of four years each. Due to HB 1, School District elections must be held in conjunction with either the city or the county.
In accordance with this new legislative directive, the next Tuloso-Midway ISD election will be held in November, 2016. While candidates run for specific places, they represent Tuloso-Midway ISD at large.
Following the annual election, Board officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Vice-Secretary) are elected by a vote of the Trustees to serve.
See Notice to the Left for more details.
2016 Trustee Election Candidate Information ~ for information regarding when filing for these positions will begin, Contact Marta Chavez for any other questions
Places up for election in November of 2016: Election Cancelled - All Un-Opposed:
The Four-Year (4) term of office for elective positions designated in
• Place 1, currently held by Kim Johnson, Kim Johnson
• Place 3, currently held by Paul Mostella, Paul Mostella
• Place 4, currently held by Felix Landin, Jr. Felix Landin, Jr.
* Place 2, currently held by Rosemary de Leon, who has resigned effective July 1, 2016
Special Election to Fill Remainder of Term to November 2018
Now will be filled by Stephen Hoelscher
|Board Members will take Oath of Office on November 17, 2016
Requirements to hold office:
- Be a qualified (registered) voter [Education Code 11.061 (b)]
- Take the official oath of office [Education Code 11.061 (a)]
- Serve without compensation [Education Code 11.061 (d)]
- Have been a continuous resident of the state for twelve months and a resident of the District for six months prior to the last date a candidate may file to be listed on the ballot.
[Election Code 141.001 (a) (5)]
- Any individual who meets the above requirements may pick up a filing packet from the Tuloso-Midway ISD Superintendent’s Office, 9760 La Branch, Corpus Christi, Texas 78410.
- Applications must be signed, notarized, and state the place for which the applicant is a candidate (ex. Place 1, Place 2 …) the term of office for School Trustees is four years, unless otherwise specified.
- All applications filed are public records and open to inspection upon request.
- Completed applications must be filed at Tuloso-Midway ISD Administrative Office.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marta Chavez (361) 903-6402 or
- The Secretary of State’s website for additional information at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/index.shtml.